Help us care for Utah County's trails
UVTA is an all-volunteer organization, so we need your help to improve our foothill trails! There are several ways to get involved:
- Leadership: Each of our board members takes responsibility for coordinating a particular aspect of our work, such as finances and fundraising, education and outreach, the website and social media, or organizing volunteer work days and other events. Each of those activities needs more than one person to succeed, so the directors are always looking for a skilled crew to help.
- Trail Work: We have several volunteer work days each year, and the more hands we can get, the easier and quicker the work is. In addition to our regular volunteers, we are always looking to build our team of trained crew leaders who understand trail design, construction, and maintenance to supervise volunteer teams.
- Trail Reporters: When you are out on the trail, if you encounter a problem that needs to be fixed, such as overgrowth, drainage issues, or washouts, let us know so we can get it fixed. We are working on an interactive map that you can use to pinpoint issues.
- Sponsorship: We do as much as we can as volunteers, but some of our work has an unavoidable cost, such as signs and professional trail builders. You can donate through the Trail Karma program on Trailforks, where 100% of your donation goes straight to trail work. You can donate generally under Utah County, or you can focus your donation on a particular area or even a single trail that you think needs help. Even better, if you know of possible corporate donors, let us know, especially if you have a direct connection. Because we are a 501(c)3 organization, all donations are tax-deductible.
- Liaisons: We try to forge strong relationships between all of the various organizations working on trails across the county, including municipal, state, and federal governments, non-profit organizations, trail-related businesses, and high school mountain bike teams. If you are able to work with us as an official representative of one of these, we would love to get connected.
Opportunities to serve are often posted on our UVTA Facebook group.